Monday 9 April 2012

Cricket & Bollywood are the biggest commodities: Ayushmann Khurrana


He is one of the most popular presenters/anchors we have on television. And now he is ready to take on the big screen with his debut movie - Vicky Donor.


Although he won Roadiesseason 2, he took four years to come back and make his mark on television. Ask him why and he replies, " Having the right kind of attitude is important. There are people who immediately shift their base to Mumbai to make a mark in the glam industry. I won the show in 2004 and I came on TV as an anchor for the first time in 2008. These four years, I was preparing myself. I completed my studies, did theatre for five years, I was an RJ for two years. When I came, I had my experience and I was very confident. I knew I will crack an audition."


Ayushmann is married to his childhood sweetheart Tahira. Ask him how she handles all the female adulation he gets and he laughs and says, "She is very progressive. Theatre is quite popular in Chandigarh. I got all the female attention in college and even when I did theatre so she is quite used to it. And people knew she was my girlfriend!"


With the latest IPL season starting with full force, Ayushmann, who was a part of the anchors team for IPL last season, takes a nostalgic view and says, "I have always loved cricket and represented Chandigarh before I did theatre. Cricket and Bollywood are the biggest commodities in our country. Their combination always works well."

No comments:

Post a Comment